Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Detox is Under Way

Detox is officially under way. For breakfast this morning I had a tasty pomegranate and berry smoothie. I had some trail mix for a snack and now I've moved on to butternut squash soup (see the pictures). I've been sipping on hot tea, which has helped keep me comforted. It's slightly anxiety provoking to take on this program



I decided to meditate today for 5 minutes. I decided I wouldn't time myself and just see if I knew how long 5 minutes was. I found my thoughts frequently wandering. I thought about how I was giving up caffeine, especially espresso. I thought about how I was going to be teaching soon. I tried to do what I did in Yoga before where I allow the thoughts to come to me, but I let them flow through me instead of fixating on them. I then did some positive energy imagery. I noticed Zeus kept purring as he sat next to me, which was nice. I came out of the meditation thinking there way no way it had been 5 minutes. I figured about three minutes had passed, but when I looked at the clock it had been nine minutes. Crazy and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment