Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week in Review


Ahhh, the end of another great week. Started out the week with a little bit of stress about Zeus (my cat) and his health. Seems as though his bloody nose was caused by dried blade cat nip. So, for those of you who use it, beware it causes nose bleeds. His second blood test came back fine so he is back to normal.

It rained almost all week, which is a real treat for me. Normally it's so dry here and we're only at 60% of the necessary rain so we needed it. It makes walking the dog a little tiresome, but the sound and smell of rain puts my mind at ease.

I spent a lot of time this week cooking. I made brownies, profiteroles, and salmon from foodnetwork. I also made cupcakes for Valentine's Day, but made those with a box mix and canned frosting. Everything turned out amazing...well except for the salmon. I added cinnamon to the brownies which gave it a nice kick. The cupcakes were pink with red coconut (I used food coloring to make it red). Best of all, the profiteroles were so good (see picture). I posted the recipes below if anyone is interested:

Profiteroles
Brownies

Valentine's Day was really nice. Jason and I had the profiteroles for breakfast. We each made homemade cards, which were both personal and creative. We went to a late lunch together and then both worked for the rest of the evening. Not your traditional Vday, but we had fun nonetheless.

Best of all, I created this blog site. It's something I've wanted to do for several years now, but haven't got around to it. Not that I have that much important stuff to say, but I think I tend to write narratives that are both personal and sometimes captivating. I divulge a lot of myself in my blogs and I think my ability to get personal will allow readers to connect with me, my dreams, my life, and my experiences. I will also do book/movie reviews, recipe sharing, and other fun stuff to keep it entertaining, educational, and not too self-absorbed. Hopefully I'll pick up some regular visitors, but if not this will still be a good way for me to practice my writing and express myself. Now all I need to do is start my from home baking business and I'll be all set!

Here's to another great week!

1 comment:

  1. Those profiteroles look simply amazing. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete